Friday, October 22, 2010

The Big Day in Te Papa

I was waiting in the wings for the big moment to occur.

“…and please welcome the Keynote Singers from Raumati Beach School!” said one of the people.

We all ran on stage and performed. I was as happy as a person winning lotto. When we were done we stepped to the front of the stage and bowed.

Then we all waved and ran of stage. When we got back to the “dressing room”, Mr Farrely came and awarded us with…….

200 DOLLARS! WOW! We were all amazed. Then we got an hour and 15 minutes to explore Te Papa.

It was a great day that I will always remember.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah! I really love the simile "as happy as a person winning lotto" - I can picture the smile you must have been wearing. What kind of songs were you performing? Was it for a special occasion? What a lovely treat to have time to explore Te Papa - I am looking forward to looking around there over summer :)

    ReplyDelete