Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pets at school?

Last week Ms F showed an article about a dog who goes to school in Timaru.


We had to write whether we thought pets should be allowed to school. Here is one response:

Well I think that pets shouldn’t be allowed at school. Imagine all the chaos it would cause just over a bunch of pets at school. If there were birds at school they will fly right over our heads. If there were were mice at school they will eat all our scrumptious food. If there were cats at school they will scramble up the trees, frightened and kids climbing up after them. It will be crazy! Where would we put our pets during class time? We can’t just leave them loose, they will climb through the gates and the fence and run down the road. That’s my opinion of having having pets at school.
By Paige





7 comments:

  1. Interesting that you have this article. My students are trying to convince me to have a class pet. I gave them a fluffy worm but he hasn't held up to all their attention. They also captured a Leaf Bug and kept it in a bug house for a few days until we all felt sorry for it and said goodbye. Some of the students are creating a blog post on this, it is in draft at the moment.
    I would love to have a class dog but I am not sure if that is a feasible idea or not. It would be lovely if I could because then I could get a dog and not worry about leaving it at home.
    Therefore, I can't wait to read more of your ideas about a class pet and I know room 3 will want to.
    I think I will have to get in touch with that school to see if they can help my students complete their research on a class pet.
    @melaniem8

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cool article. We would love to have a class pet but it would just be way too much chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paige your reason of why we not or allowed pets at school was very interesting hope. John BRS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you told us a good story and hope i here from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really a good reason why we shouldn't bring pets to school but that would be cool bringing our pets to let other people know that we care about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow room 12 its a good reason that why we shouldn't we bring pets to school that a really cool puppy with the uniform on

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice reason , also have a nice holiday at home.

    ReplyDelete